Progetto Giovani, youth policy office of the Municipality of Padua, organizes “Active Job Hunting“, two meetings that are meant to offer a basic orientation about different ways of looking for job by means of the channels available at local level.
The initiative is particularly suitable for young people facing their first working or training experiences.
Friday 9th June | 5 pm – 6:30 pm
Introduction of Progetto Giovani, with a specific focus on the Informagiovani area:
- opportunities for youths;
- useful materials available for the users;
- how and where it is possible to find job related information;
- presentation of the website.
Short introduction of each participant: previous working experiences and professional aims.
General overview of the Italian labor market and of the importance of education and training, including internships and volunteering.
Projects and services aimed to help and facilitate the job placement:
- Municipality of Padua;
- employment bureau;
- job agency;
- recruitment portals.
Job hunting tools:
- curriculum vitae, motivation letter, job interview;
- verbal and not-verbal communication competences needed to successfully face a job interview.
Doubts and questions time.
Thursday 15th June | 11 am – 12:30 am
Job hunting support through the use of the internet access stations of the Informagiovani:
- simulation of the enrollment on a recruitment portal;
- examples of how to do a job application starting from a job offer, sending CV and motivation letter.
How to participate
The meetings will take place at Progetto Giovani office (via Altinate 71, Padova) – “Altinate/San Gaetano” cultural center (second floor).
Free admission with a maximum limit of 8 participants.
Registration is required by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Active Job Hunting” as subject of the email and writing your name, surname, date and place of birth, and school certificate/diploma/degree in the email body text.