Voluntary activities (formerly EVS) are international mobility initiatives funded by the European Union within the new European Solidarity Corps. The goal is to allow young people between the ages of 18 and 30 to carry out a volunteer experience abroad for 2 to 12 months.
The fields of activity are many and it is always possible to find a project that stimulates curiosity and corresponds to one’s ambitions and interests. Personal growth, training and acquisition of soft skills are the basis of this type of experience, which takes place according to the methodology of non-formal education.
What it offers
- pre-departure training;
- insurance coverage of medical – health expenses and civil liability in the event of accidents;
- flat-rate coverage of return travel expenses (a small fee may be requested from the volunteer);
- room and board;
- monthly pocket money (this is a small amount established by the National Agencies of the host countries);
- online linguistic support course (Erasmus+ OLS – Online Linguistic Support);
- presence of a mentor and a reference tutor;
- training on arrival and intermediate evaluation in the host country;
- final evaluation meeting upon return.
Voluntary work (former EVS) and Youth Project
Ufficio Progetto Giovani, through the Spazio Europa area, is the body for sending Italian volunteers abroad and the host body for foreign volunteers in Padua for volunteer projects, related to both the Erasmus+ program and the European Solidarity Corps.
The “Volunteering Activities (former EVS)” desk offers individual advice to those interested in participating in a volunteering project.
To participate in a volunteering project (former EVS) you must be a resident in Italy that is not of age 31 years old at the time of departure.
Every year our office hosts two volunteers in reception. Volunteers are selected between December and January.
This section collects some of the most common questions on volunteering activities (former EVS).
Translations by Khim Witty and Sofia Quiles Martinez, ESC volunteers at Progetto Giovani